Development Associate Job Description
In an effort to expand our capabilities, Imerman Angels is looking for a Development Associate to join our team. This position will provide you the opportunity to work directly with our Director for Development, implementing key fundraising and development initiatives for Imerman Angels.
Imerman Angels carefully matches a person touched by cancer with someone who has fought and survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). Additionally, personalized matches are provided for cancer caregivers (family and friends of fighters) to benefit from other experienced caregivers.
These relationships provide hope and comfort from someone who is uniquely familiar with the experience. This personalized matching service is absolutely free and is available to anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
- Execute responsibilities as outlined by the Director of Development while promoting and enhancing the mission statement and core values
- Implement established strategic fundraising plan and initiatives
- Provide day-to-day management of donor relations
- Manage Development Committee initiatives
- Plan, organize, and execute all Imerman Angels development and outreach events
Under the direction of the Director of Development the Development Associate will conduct the following duties:
- Implement the development strategy to raise annual funds and keep team to established project timeline
- Support and coordinate the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts of the Director of Development, Board of Trustee Members, Development Committee and its volunteers
- Attend all organizational functions where donors are present
- Provide support for direct mail campaign efforts
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for Development Committee meetings
- Execute fundraising events as needed
- Initiate and respond to correspondence in a professional and timely manner
- Conduct prospect research
- Create and run donor reports in SalesForce and process acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of fundraising, development, and event experience in the non-profit or charitable sector preferred
- Must be outgoing and gregarious, comfortable engaging with people, both within and outside the organization
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Function within a database management system; SalesForce preferred
- Possess effective leadership and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to plan organization-wide activities (setting objectives, developing procedures, and organizing the functions necessary to accomplish the activities)
- Must have strong references both professionally and socially
Please submit your cover letter in the body of your email with EVENTS as your subject line and with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13, 2013. No phone calls please.