Intern or Volunteer
- Imerman Angels is a young, exciting, grassroots nonprofit organization that provides 1-on-1 cancer support cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers living anywhere in the world.
- We are looking for help from skilled and fun people to support our fast-paced growth and provide assistance to our staff, volunteers and executives.
- This position is unpaid and provides valuable work experience, references, and access to a wonderful network. Internship credit is available for participating schools.
- Build relationships within the medical community and with cancer partner organizations
- Conduct grassroots outreach
- Develop targeted outreach campaigns to cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers
- Help create and build scalable outreach systems to grow support communities worldwide
- Represent IA as an event captain and at info tables
- Support all other Imerman Angels related projects and programs as needed
- Passionate about the Imerman Angels mission
- Consistent with and exemplifies our core values
- Unafraid of either a) growing facial hair in November or b) wearing a mustache sticker in public
- A leader that others choose to follow
- Tremendously idealistic
- Has the availability and time to commit
- Would recruit a team of participants for a burrito-eating challenge
- Proactive and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with other volunteers and constituents
- Takes responsibilities seriously without taking self seriously
- Team player, open to change
- Wears silly costumes for no reason
- Variable, depending on availability with a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Must have availability during business hours at least 2 days per week