Public Relations Assistant
Intern or Professional Role Volunteer
- Imerman Angels is a young, exciting, grassroots nonprofit organization that provides 1-on-1 cancer support cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers living anywhere in the world.
- Public Relations increase awareness about Imerman Angels, allowing us to help more people who have been touched by cancer.
- We are looking for help from skilled and fun people to support our fast-paced growth and provide assistance to our staff, volunteers and executives.
- This position is unpaid and provides valuable work experience, references, and access to a wonderful network. Internship credit is available for participating schools.
- Support events, marketing, and promotions-related efforts
- Promote Imerman Angels through traditional, grassroots, and new media efforts
- Grow presence via social media
- Write copy for distribution via various channels
- Help create and run campaigns targeted at cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers in order to help more people touched by cancer
- Passionate about the Imerman Angels mission
- Consistent with and exemplifies our core values
- Unafraid of either a) growing facial hair in November or b) wearing a mustache sticker in public
- A leader that others choose to follow
- Tremendously idealistic
- Has the availability and time to commit
- Would recruit a team of participants for a burrito-eating challenge
- Proactive and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with other volunteers and constituents
- Takes responsibilities seriously without taking self seriously
- Team player, open to change
- Will wear silly costumes for no reason
- 16+ hours per week
- Must have availability during business hours at least 2 days per week
If interested in this internship position, please email your resume to: email@example.com