Development Associate – Team Imerman Angels Job Description
Imerman Angels is looking for a Development Associate to oversee Team Imerman Angels to join our team.
The Development Associate for Team Imerman Angels maintains, recruits and supports the running
team for Imerman Angels, including team members for the Chicago Marathon, Shamrock Shuffle as
well as members of the Any Athlete, Any Race, Anywhere initiative for Imerman Angels.
Imerman Angels carefully matches a person touched by cancer with someone who has fought and
survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). Additionally, personalized matches are provided
for cancer caregivers (family and friends of fighters) to benefit from other experienced caregivers. These relationships provide hope and comfort from someone who is uniquely familiar with the experience. This personalized matching service is absolutely free and is available to anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
- Execute responsibilities as outlined by the Director of Development while promoting and enhancing the mission statement and core values
- Implement established strategic fundraising plan and initiatives for Team Imerman Angels
- Provide day-to-day management in member relations
- Manage Professional Board initiatives
Under the direction of the Director of Development the Development Associate will conduct the following duties to sustain Team Imerman Angels:
- Implement the development strategy to raise annual funds and keep team to established project timeline
- Support and coordinate the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts of the Director of Development, Board of Trustee Members, Professional Committee and its volunteers
- Attend all organizational functions where Team Imerman Angels’ athletes are present
- Provide support for individual fundraising requirements
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for and Professional Board meetings
- Execute fundraising events as needed
- Identify, recruit, manage and cultivate athletes and corporate relationships to increase involvement and revenue
- Work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Initiate and respond to correspondences including social media in a professional and timely manner
- Work with race officials to coordinate registration and team exposure
- Create and run donor reports in SalesForce and process acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Marketing and Administrative Manager on Team Imerman Angels updates for website and social media.
- Create and maintain yearlong activity calendar that include workshops, socials, expos etc for athletes and partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 year prior experience in development, race recruitment or related field
- Must be outgoing and gregarious, comfortable engaging with people, both within and outside the organization
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Function within a database management system; SalesForce preferred
- Possess effective leadership and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Must have strong references both professionally and socially
Please submit your cover letter in the body of your email with TEAM IA as your subject line and with your resume attached to email@example.com by July 15, 2013. No phone calls please.